Practices within the Australian Advice Network provide a comprehensive range of financial advice services that include:
- Discipline not speculation
- Risk Management relative to your goals
- Diversification is vital
- Review your spending patterns. Have you ever said about your money ‘I don’t know where it all goes’? Then you probably should find out. By reviewing your current spending patterns we can start to see where it all goes (which can be scary). Most people’s two biggest expenses are taxes and interest so we need to find the most appropriate strategies such as re-structuring your investments, taking full advantage of superannuation and maximising your deductions and rebates. Having an informed, independent perspective on your spending can help you identify areas that you may be able to save without impeding your lifestyle.
- Develop a cash flow plan that suits you and your lifestyle. We never get ahead if we're spending more than we earn. Our advisers can help you develop a plan, show you how you can track your ongoing spending against your plan and have a cash flow monitoring service that can do the numbers for you. Whatever your current situation, we work with you to create a workable plan that grows as your needs develop.
- Help you identify the most sensible use of your cash surplus. The right use for your extra cash depends on your bigger picture. Should you put it against your home loan, save it, invest it or a combination of all three? As your financial guide, we can help with what will work for you and take advantage of the opportunities available to you personally. We help you maintain strong financial foundations so when the storms come you can withstand them. You receive ongoing support and encouragement to revisit your objectives and cash flow plans on a regular basis.
‘Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences’. Norman Cousins.We discuss the consequences of the unexpected loss of family member’s income, health or life. This enables us to anticipate the needs you would like to cover in these situations. We can then generate a plan to protect you, and your families, lifestyle. We evaluate your future insurance cover with many different insurance providers to source well priced insurance with quality features and definitions which will be tested at claim time. You can receive financial relief in a variety of events, not just death. Such as;
- Heart Attack
- replacement of income,
- costs of medical treatment,
- family mortgage, and
- other household bills.
How we work
As a collaboration of Advice Practices, the Australian Advice Network, do not have shareholders in the background seeking a return from the group. This means the core purpose of the group is simply to share resources and build our service offering to provide excellent advice. As such we are advocating for our clients and can pass on any savings we negotiate for our clients.
AAN is a fees based licensee* with all fees agreed and signed off by our clients.
*Some existing clients and insurance clients may be on a commission structure
AAN believes strongly in education as a key mitigation in reducing inappropriate advice. To ensure our advice is at a high professional standard for our clients AAN has very specific minimum experience and training standards for Advisers and any new entrants.
All advice giving directors of AAN are both degree and CFP qualified. New entrants must hold a relevant degree, plus industry training and 3 years of mentored development before they can deal directly with their own clients and that will be based on approval from the Compliance committee.
Diverse ongoing education will be provided and AAN has the authority to suspend Advisers if they are not meeting the minimum requirements.